Heal Rotation & Cooldowns for Holy Paladin in PvE | Latest Patch 7.0.3
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Healing Priority: Follow these guidelines for optimal healing.
- Beacon of Light maintain on your primary target at all times.
- Holy Shock use on cooldown to generate Infusion of Light procs.
- Consume Infusion of Light procs using the appropriate heal before your next Holy Shock.
- Holy Light use to heal moderate to high damage.
- Flash of Light use as an emergency heal to save players facing death.
- Light of The Martyr a potent emergency heal as long as you heave health to spare.
Holy Paladin healing involves maintaining Beacon of Light on your primary target and frequently casting Holy Shock to generate Infusion of Light procs that can be consumed with buffed Holy Light and Flash of Light. But, do use Holy Light and Flash of Light without Infusion of Light if you need the additional healing they provide. Finally, Light of The Martyr is a potent emergency heal as long as you have health to spare.
- Light of Dawn on cooldown.
Your AoE healing works similar to the single target healing priority with the notable addition of Light of Dawn which should be used on cooldown as your highest priority heal during AoE damage..
Information on how to incorporate the selected talents from this guide into your rotation is currently being re-worked for 7.0.3. Check back later!
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
- Holy Avenging Wrath Use as needed for burst healing.
- Aura Mastery Use on cooldown to boost the effectiveness of your Aura.
- Divine Protection Powerful self-survival cooldown.
- Divine Shield Powerful self-survival cooldown. No downside for healers!
- Lay On Hands Major healing cooldown. Coordinate its use with other healers.
- Blessing of Sacrifice Redirect damage from other players.