Heal Rotation & Cooldowns for Holy Paladin in PvE | Latest Patch 6.0.3
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Seal: Seal of Insight
Buffs: Maintain these buffs on your main healing target.
Healing Priority: Follow these guidelines for optimal healing.
- Holy Shock use on every cooldown to build Holy Power.
- Word of Glory use with 3 Holy Power to heal low to moderate damage.
- Holy Light use to heal moderate to high damage.
- Flash of Light use as an emergency heal to save players facing death.
The Holy Paladin healing priority revolves around building and spending Holy Power. Your primary Holy Power builder is Holy Shock. Remember to watch for Enhanced Holy Shock procs for additional Holy Power usage. You will consume Holy Power with Word of Glory. Holy Light and Flash of Light should all be used as suggested in the Healing Priority, but keep in mind that Holy Light is the most Mana efficient heal to use on targets not affected by your Beacon of Light.
Holy Paladins must also watch for Infusion of Light procs. Always try to use Infusion of Light procs on Holy Light for single target healing. Remember that casting Holy Light or Flash of Light on your Beacon of Light target is extremely Mana efficient thanks to Tower of Radiance.
- Light of Dawn to consume Holy Power and provide AoE healing.
- Holy Radiance to build Holy Power and proc Daybreak.
- Holy Shock to build Holy Power and consume [SPELL_DAYBREAK[ procs.
If only experiencing low to moderate raid damage, try to heal single targets with Holy Light. As raid damage increases, use Holy Radiance to build Holy Power and Light of Dawn to spend Holy Power. Use Infusion of Light procs on Holy Radiance for AoE healing and Holy Shock after Holy Radiance for extra AoE healing thanks to Daybreak. Always try to target Holy Radiance and Holy Shock into clumps of players for maximum healing.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Eternal Flame should be maintained on the players taking the most damage. In general, you will maintain a constant Eternal Flame on the tank.
- Clemency allows you to use Hand spells back-to-back before a cooldown. The use of Hand spells is specific to each fight, but you will need to remember that you have 2 charges for each Hand ability.
- Divine Purpose procs can mostly be used passively and do not significantly alter your rotation. But if you have Eternal Flame, procs from Divine Purpose can help you to quickly apply Eternal Flame to additional players.
- Holy Prism is best cast on a boss or another enemy that is closest to the highest number of players.
- Beacon of Faith allows you to use your Beacon of Light on an additional target. Maintain a scond Beacon of Light target at all times.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
- Avenging Wrath Use as needed for burst healing.
- Devotion Aura Raid wide cooldown. Use at the discretion of your party/raid leader.
- Divine Protection Powerful self-survival cooldown.
- Divine Shield Powerful self-survival cooldown. No downside for healers!
- Lay On Hands Major healing cooldown. Coordinate its use with other healers.
- Hand of Sacrifice Redirect damage from other players.