Mistweaver Monk PvE Healing Rotation - 8.0
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Mistweaver Monk abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at healing. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
There are no set healing rotations in World of Warcraft. Instead, you should familiarize yourself with the mechanics and suggested uses for each healing spell.
HoTs: Spells that provide healing over time and special effects.
- Soothing Mist used as a bread-and-butter heal for moderate damage and to allow for instant use of Enveloping Mist and Vivify.
- Enveloping Mist is used to help recover from higher damage on a target being healed by Soothing Mist.
- Renewing Mist maintained on as many targets as possible and to proc additional healing for Vivify.
Direct Heals: Efficient heals to use against a single target.
Healing is a very situational activity. Learn to use your HoTs and direct heals by following the advice above. Remember to consume the procs created by Renewing Mist with Vivify. Also, remember to constantly be channeling Mistweaver Soothing Mist by actively using your other healing spells.
- Essence Font as often as possible.
- Vivify on low health targets.
- Chi Burst when 3+ targets can be healed (if selected).
Try to use Essence Font as often as possible while continuing the single target rotation. It is helpful to maintain Renewing Mist on several targets to increase Vivify output during AoE healing. Remember to use these procs as soon as possible.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Life Cocoon Use to save a player from death.
- Revival Use for raid healing or to remove encounter specific DoTs/debuffs.
- Thunder Focus Tea Use on cooldown to buff your next healing ability.
- Summon Jade Serpent Statue Maintain at all times (if selected).
- Invoke Chiji The Red Crane Use for burst healing (if selected).
- Mana Tea Use for burst healing (if selected).