Heal Rotation & Cooldowns for Mistweaver Monk in PvE | Latest Patch 6.2.4
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Buffs: Maintain these buffs at all times.
- Stance: Stance of The Wise Serpent or Stance of The Spirited Crane
- Statue: Summon Jade Serpent Statue Place near allies who need heals.
There are no set healing rotations in World of Warcraft. Instead, you should familiarize yourself with the mechanics and suggested uses for each healing spell. With that said, Mistweaver Monks have two distinct healing styles thanks to their Stance of The Wise Serpent and Stance of The Spirited Crane.
Stance of The Wise Serpent and 'Traditional' Single Target Healing
'Traditional' Chi Builders
- Renewing Mist is your most basic heal and should be active on multiple targets. Benefits from Jade Mists.
- Expel Harm provides a small heal that may be used on yourself or others with Glyph of Targeted Expulsion.
- Soothing Mist is an efficient heal for low to moderate damage that is also used to setup combos with other heals. Does not generate Chi.
- Surging Mist is a potent heal for large damage and should be cast with Soothing Mist.
'Traditional' Chi Finishers
- Enveloping Mist is your biggest single target heal and should be cast with Soothing Mist.
- Uplift is an efficient AoE heal that is often used as a Chi dump even when you are focused on single target healing.
'Traditional' healing tends to follow a pattern of maintaining Renewing Mist on 6+ targets and casting Expel Harm on cooldown. Soothing Mist is a filler spell when Renewing Mist and Expel Harm are on cooldown and to setup combos with Surging Mist or Enveloping Mist. To clarify, Soothing Mist does not generate Chi but it is used like a Chi builder and as your general filler spell. Finally, Enveloping Mist is used to consume Chi and should be cast on targets taking the most damage which is typically a tank. Excess Chi can be used on Uplift when nobody requires the big heal from Enveloping Mist.
Stance of The Spirited Crane and 'Fistweaving' Single Target Healing
Note: Stance of The Spirited Crane gives Mistweaver Monks the Eminence passive which allows you to heal through your damage. This type of healing can be effective in low damage fights or easier content, but is not reliable or designed for progression level party or raid healing. Stance of The Wise Serpent and 'Traditional' healing is your best choice for difficult encounters.
'Fistweaving' Chi Builders
- Jab provides a small amount of damage healing.
- Expel Harm provides additional self-healing in addition to its damage.
- Crackling Jade Lightning is an expensive heal that provides more damage and healing than Jab.
'Fistweaving' Chi Spenders
- Tiger Palm provides Tiger Power which increases damage and healing done.
- Rising Sun Kick provides high single-target damage and healing as well as a damage debuff. Benefits from Jade Mists.
- Blackout Kick provides multiple heals as well as Cranes Zeal.
- Surging Mist is a potent heal for large damage and should be cast with Vital Mists.
'Fistweaving' healing tends to follow a pattern of using Jab and Expel Harm on cooldown to generate Chi. After this, you need to maintain the buffs from Rising Sun Kick and Tiger Palm. Excess Chi should be dumped with Blackout Kick. Surging Mist is used as an emergency heal and should be cast when you have a full stack of Vital Mists.
- Spinning Crane Kick provides AoE healing and Chi generation.
- Uplift is your primary AoE heal, should be cause with Renewing Mist on 5+ targets, and consumes Chi. Requires Stance of The Wise Serpent.
- Detonate Chi provides moderate healing that scales with additional spheres Mastery Gift of The Serpent.
AoE healing is fairly similar for both the 'Traditional' and 'Fistweaving' styles. For both styles, you build Chi with Spinning Crane Kick and use Detonate Chi for additional burst AoE healing when you have multiple spheres available.
The main difference in the two AoE healing styles comes down to Uplift which is only available with Stance of The Wise Serpent. Uplift is a potent AoE heal and your primary Chi dump when AoE healing. It should be cast after Renewing Mist has been placed on multiple targets. Thunder Focus Tea is a potent AoE cooldown as it allows you to more efficiently spread Renewing Mist to multiple players to allow you to save Chi for additional Uplift.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Chi Wave is best used as an AoE heal that can be used during times of low or moderate healing.
- Chi Brew should be used when a burst amount of Chi is most beneficial. As a Mistweaver, you can use Chi Brew to quickly recover Chi needed to heal through additional damage.
- Diffuse Magic should be used to mitigate incoming magical damage.
- Rushing Jade Wind should be used as often as possible in AoE scenarios with 3 or more targets.
- Pool of Mists allows you to more frequently use your Renewing Mist and Rising Sun Kick, but does not otherwse change your rotation.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.