Brewmaster Monk PvE Tanking Rotation - 7.2
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Brewmaster Monk abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at tanking. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
Tanking Priority: Execute this priority to build Rage and threat.
- Blackout Strike if Blackout Combo is selected.
- Keg Smash on cooldown.
- Expel Harm when you can use the heal and have 3 or more spheres.
- Blackout Strike on cooldown.
- Rushing Jade Wind on cooldown (if selected).
- Breath Of Fire on cooldown.
- Tiger Palm to dump Energy.
Active Mitigation: Use the following abilities to reduce the damage you receive.
- Ironskin Brew to prolong your Stagger DoT when Green.
- Purifying Brew to reduce your Stagger DoT when Yellow or Red.
- See single target rotation.
- Add Chi Burst to your rotation as often as possible (if selected).
- Use Exploding Keg on cooldown for additional damage.
The Brewmaster Monk AoE DPS rotation is similar to the single target rotation with the special changes noted above.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Fortifying Brew Use as needed to mitigate incoming damage.
- Provoke Use as needed to taunt targets.
- Zen Meditation Use proactively to mitigate a large damaging attack.
- Black Ox Brew Use as needed for burst damage and survivability (if selected).
- Diffuse Magic Use as needed to mitigate a large magic damage (if selected).