Frost Mage PvE DPS Rotation - 8.0
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Frost Mage abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Rune Of Power with 2 charges (if selected).
- Ebonbolt when available to generate Brain Freeze, but only if not using Glacial Spike.
- Flurry with Brain Freeze followed immediately by Ice Lance.
- Ice Lance with Fingers Of Frost.
- Ray Of Frost when available (if selected).
- Ebonbolt with 5 Mastery Icicles to generate Brain Freeze, but only if using Glacial Spike.
- Glacial Spike with Brain Freeze (if selected).
- Frozen Orb to proc Fingers Of Frost.
- Comet Storm when available (if selected).
- Ice Nova when available (if selected).
- Frostbolt as a filler spell and to proc Brain Freeze.
The Frost Mage AoE rotation is similar to the single target rotation with the the changes noted above.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Icy Veins Use as often as possible. Stack with other DPS buffs.
- Time Warp Use as directed by your raid or party leader.
- Mirror Image Use as often as possible for burst damage (if selected).