Frost Mage PvE DPS Rotation - 7.2
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Frost Mage abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Rune Of Power with 2 charges (if selected).
- Ray Of Frost if Rune Of Power is unavailable (if both selected).
- Frost Bomb with 2 Fingers Of Frost (if selected).
- Frozen Orb to proc Fingers Of Frost.
- Frozen Touch with 0 Fingers Of Frost (if selected).
- Flurry with Brain Freeze.
- Ice Lance if immediately following Flurry with Brain Freeze.
- Water Jet with 0 Fingers Of Frost, but not while Frozen Orb is active.
- Ice Nova when available (if selected).
- Ice Lance with 1 Fingers Of Frost.
- Glacial Spike when available (if selected).
- Frostbolt as a filler spell and to proc Brain Freeze.
The Frost Mage AoE rotation is similar to the single target rotation with the the changes noted above.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.