Fire Mage PvE DPS Rotation - 7.1
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Fire Mage abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Rune Of Power with 2 charges (if selected).
- Pyroblast with Hot Streak.
- Meteor when available (if selected).
- Flame On when available and you have no Fire Blast charges (if selected).
- Dragons Breath if you can safely cast.
- Fire Blast with Heating Up proc.
- Fire Blast with 2 charges.
- Fireball as a filler spell.
- Scorch as a filler spell when moving.
- See single target rotation.
- Swap Pyroblast with Flamestrike to activate Hot Streak with 4+ targets.
- Living Bomb maintained as much as possible with 3+ targets (if selected).
The Fire Mage AoE DPS rotation is similar to the single target rotation with the special changes noted above.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.