DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Fire Mage in PvE | Latest Patch 6.1.2
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Combustion with Ignite on the target.
- Pyroblast with both Pyroblast! and Heating Up procs.
- Inferno Blast with Heating Up procs.
- Fireball as a filler spell.
- Scorch as a filler spell when moving.
Fire Mage DPS is based on the use of Combustion and converting Heating Up into Pyroblast! procs. Your top priority is to use Combustion when Ignite on your target. After that, cast Pyroblast when both Pyroblast! and Heating Up procs are present. You can force Pyroblast! procs by waiting for Heating Up to proc off a spell critical and then using Inferno Blast as your next spell. Inferno Blast will always crit and guarantees that Heating Up becomes Pyroblast!. Use Fireball when waiting on other cooldowns or for Heating Up procs.
With 3 or less enemies, it is best to pick one and proceed with the single target rotation. At 3-5 enemies, continue with the single target rotation but use Inferno Blast to spread your Fire damage effects to nearby targets. This includes the DoT created by Combustion. At 5+ enemies, use Flamestrike and Dragons Breath on cooldown while continuing to spread your DoTs with Inferno Blast and the rest of your single target rotation.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Blast Wave should be cast on cooldown to prevent charges from being wasted. However, if you need to deal additional burst damage then you can let the charges stack and cast Blast Wave twice in a row. Use this ability in both your single target and AoE rotations.
- Mirror Image should be used as often as possible for burst damage. Try to stack with other major DPS cooldowns.
- Prismatic Crystal creates a crystal that, when attacked, deals area damage. You should summon the crystal as often as possible and apply as much burst damage as possible to it including using your DPS cooldown.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.