Arcane Mage PvE DPS Rotation - 7.0.3
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Arcane Mage abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
- Rune Of Power with 2 charges (if selected).
- Arcane Orb with 0 Arcane Charge (if selected).
- Nether Tempest maintained with 4 Arcane Charge (if selected).
- Arcane Missiles with 3 Arcane Missiles charges or 2+ Arcane Charge.
- Supernova when available (if selected).
- Arcane Barrage when you drop below 70% Mana.
- Arcane Blast to build Arcane Charge.
- Evocation as needed regain Mana.
- Rune Of Power maintained as much as possible (if selected).
- Arcane Power as soon as possible.
- Arcane Missiles whenever available.
- Arcane Blast as a filler spell.
- See single target rotation.
- Replace Arcane Blast with Arcane Explosion to build Arcane Charge with 3+ targets.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Evocation Use as directed in the Burn Priority section.
- Arcane Power Use as directed in the Burn Priority section.
- Time Warp Use as directed by your raid or party leader.
- Presence Of Mind Use during your Burn Phase to quickly cast additional Arcane Blast (if selected).
- Charged Up Use to quickly regain Arcane Charge (if selected).
- Mirror Image Use during a Burn Phase for additional damage (if selected).