DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Arcane Mage in PvE | Latest Patch 7.0.3
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
- Arcane Barrage when you drop below 70% Mana.
- Arcane Missiles with 3 Arcane Missiles charges or 2+ Arcane Charge.
- Arcane Blast to build Arcane Charge.
- Evocation as needed regain Mana.
- Arcane Power as soon as possible.
- Arcane Missiles whenever available.
- Arcane Blast as a filler spell.
Execute the Conservation Phase when Evocation and Arcane Power are on cooldown. To do this, cast Arcane Barrage whenever you drop below 70% Mana and only use Arcane Missiles when it hits 3 charges or you have 2+ Arcane Charge. Finally, use Arcane Blast as a filler ability to build Arcane Charge.
Initiate the Burn Phase when Evocation and Arcane Power are available. Use Arcane Power and then use Arcane Missiles whenever it is available. Use Arcane Blast as a filler spell. Finally, use Evocation to rapidly regain Mana to prolong your Burn phase.
Information on how to incorporate the selected talents from this guide into your rotation is currently being re-worked for 7.0.3. Check back later!
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.