DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Survival Hunter in PvE | Latest Patch 6.2.2
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Black Arrow on cooldown. Procs Lock And Load.
- Explosive Shot on cooldown. Cast multiple with Lock And Load.
- Arcane Shot to maintain Serpent Sting. Refresh with <= 4 sec remaining.
- Arcane Shot to dump Focus (> 70).
- Cobra Shot as a filler and to build Focus (< 70).
Survival Hunter is based on maximizing Lock And Load procs. To do this, cast Black Arrow on cooldown to allow the DoT to trigger Lock And Load. Cast Explosive Shot on cooldown and watch for Lock And Load procs. When you get a proc, quickly consume it by casting multiple Explosive Shot. In addition to dealing with Lock And Load procs, you need to use Arcane Shot to maintain Serpent Sting and to dump excess Focus (> 70). Remember to only refresh Serpent Sting when it has <= 4 sec remaining. Build Focus by casting Cobra Shot as a filler ability. Always try to reserve about 40 focus when Black Arrow is about to come off cooldown so you can instantly reapply.
Survival AoE follows a rotation that is similar to the single target rotation with a few tweaks. Use Explosive Trap on cooldown and use Multishot as your Focus dump instead of Arcane Shot. Beyond that, continue to apply Black Arrow to high health targets and consume your Lock And Load procs as quickly as possible. Use Cobra Shot as needed to build Focus.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Dire Beast should be used as frequently as possible.
- Stampede should be used as often as possible for burst damage.
- Barrage should be used on cooldown. Try to position yourself to hit as many targets as possible with Barrage.
- Lone Wolf passively increases the damage of your core abilities when you do not have a pet and does not alter your rotation.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
As of patch 6.0.2, Survival Hunters no longer have any baseline DPS enhancing cooldowns. The only DPS cooldowns available to Survival Hunters are obtained via talents.