Marksmanship Hunter PvE DPS Rotation - 8.0.1
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Marksmanship Hunter abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
- Hunters Mark maintain at all times (if selected).
- Explosive Shot when available (if selected).
- Arcane Shot to consume Precise Shots procs.
- Aimed Shot with 2 charges.
- Rapid Fire when available and <= 70 Focus.
- Barrage on cooldown (if selected).
- Steady Focus maintain at all times (if selected).
- Piercing Shot when available (if selected).
- Aimed Shot when available.
- Arcane Shot to dump Focus.
- Steady Shot to build Focus.
The Marksmanship Hunter AoE DPS rotation is similar to the single target rotation with the special changes noted above.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.