DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Beast Mastery Hunter in PvE | Latest Patch 6.1.2
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Kill Command on cooldown.
- Kill Shot when target below 20% Health.
- Focus Fire with 5 Frenzy stacks.
- Arcane Shot to dump excess Focus (> 60 Focus).
- Cobra Shot to build Focus (< 60 Focus).
Kill Command is your top DPS priority and should be used on cooldown. After that, prioritize Kill Shot targets at or below 20% Health. Focus Fire is your next priority and should be activated hwne your pet has a full 5 Frenzy stacks for optimal uptime. When your other abilities are unavailable, you should dump excess Focus with Arcane Shot and build Focus with Cobra Shot.
If you are only attacking 2-3 mobs, it is usually best to just continue with your single target rotation while working in Multishot to maintain Beast Cleave. With 5+ enemies, maintain Explosive Trap and spam Multishot and Kill Command. Use Cobra Shot as needed for Focus.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Dire Beast should be used as frequently as possible.
- Stampede should be used as often as possible for burst damage.
- Barrage should be used on cooldown. Try to position yourself to hit as many targets as possible with Barrage.
- Lone Wolf passively increases the damage of your core abilities when you do not have a pet and does not alter your rotation.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.