DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Feral Druid in PvE | Latest Patch 6.0.3
Select a gear item level to improve the accuracy and relevancy of this guide.
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Combo Point Builders: Follow this priority to generate Combo Points.
Finishing Moves: Follow this priority to spend Combo Points.
- Savage Roar to maintain buff at all times.
- Ferocious Bite to refresh Rip when target at <= 25% health.
- Rip to maintain DoT with 5 CP when target at > 25% health. Refresh with <= 7 sec remaining.
- Ferocious Bite with 5 CP to dump excess CP.
Feral Druid DPS boils down to building and spending Combo Points. To build Combo Points, maintain the DoT from Rake which should only be refreshed when it has <= 4 sec remaining. After that, use Shred to generate the bulk of your Combo Points. Due to Primal Fury, your Combo Point builders will produce 2 Combo Points on crits so you will always need to watch your Combo Points so that none go to waste.
Your top priority for spending Combo Points is to maintain the Savage Roar buff at all times. After that, maintain Rip by casting it with 5 CP when the target is above 25% health. However, when the target drops below 25% health you should refresh Rip with 5 CP Ferocious Bite. Also, remember to only refresh Rip when it has <= 7 sec remaining. Finally, you can use Ferocious Bite to dump excess Combo Points as long as Savage Roar and Rip are being maintained.
- Thrash Feral to maintain the DoT.
- Rake to maintain the DoT.
- Rip to maintain the DoT.
- Swipe to build CP with 11+ targets.
If there are only a few mobs (2-3), then it is best to just pick a target and continue with the single target rotation while maintaining Rake on each target. With 3+ targets, abandon the single target rotation and maintain the AoE bleed from Thrash Feral and maintain Rake on as many targets as possible. Use Rip on high health targets to dump your Combo Points. Finally, if Rake and Thrash Feral are up on all targets and there are 11+ targets, then you can use Swipe to generate Combo Points and deal some additional AoE damage.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Incarnation King of The Jungle is best used for burst damage and should be combined with Berserk.
- Lunar Inspiration allows Moonfire to be used in Cat form. Use Moonfire as needed to maintain its DoT, but only prioritize it after refreshing your Bleeds.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.