Balance Druid PvE DPS Rotation - 7.2
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Balance Druid abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at DPS. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Balance Sunfire and Moonfire maintained at all times.
- Stellar Flare maintained at all times (if selected).
- Blessing Of The Ancients maintained at all times (if selected).
- Starsurge to dump Astral Power and build Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment.
- New Moon maintained at all times.
- Balance Solar Wrath to consume Solar Empowerment.
- Lunar Strike to consume Lunar Empowerment.
- Balance Solar Wrath as a filler spell and to build Astral Power when no Empowerments are present. Use Lunar Strike instead if >= 2 targets are present.
- See single target rotation.
The Balance AoE rotation is essentially the same as the single target rotation. Remember to give preference to Lunar Strike for generating Astral Power.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Celestial Alignment Use on cooldown for additional damage and Astral Power generation.
- Incarnation Chosen Of Elune Use on cooldown for additional damage (if selected).
- Warrior Of Elune Use on cooldown for additional damage (if selected).
- Astral Communion Use on cooldown for additional damage (if selected).