DPS Rotation & Cooldowns for Balance Druid in PvE | Latest Patch 7.0.3
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
DPS Priority: Execute the following priority for optimal DPS.
- Balance Sunfire and Moonfire maintained at all times.
- Starsurge to dump Astral Power and build Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment.
- Balance Solar Wrath to consume Solar Empowerment.
- Lunar Strike to consume Lunar Empowerment.
- Balance Solar Wrath as a filler spell and to build Astral Power when no Empowerments are present.
Balance Druid DPS involves managing your various empowerments while building and spending Astral Power. Your top priority is to maintain Balance Sunfire and Moonfire at all times. Next, dump your Astral Power via Starsurge which also provides the important Lunar Empowerment and Solar Empowerment buffs that increase the damage done by your Astral Power builders. Remember that your Empowerments only stack to 3, so be sure to reduce any maxed Empowerment before casting your next Starsurge. Consume Solar Empowerment with Balance Solar Wrath and Lunar Empowerment with Lunar Strike. You will also build your Astral Power by using those two abilities. Use Balance Solar Wrath as your filler spell to build Astral Power when no Empowerments are present.
- Starfall to dump Astral Power and apply Stellar Empowerment.
- Lunar Strike as your Astral Power builder.
The AoE rotation is similar to the single target rotation with the notable addition of Starfall as your primary Astral Power dump instead of Starsurge. Maintain your Balance Sunfire and Moonfire DoTs on as many targets as possible, build Astral Power with Lunar Strike, and spend Astral Power on Starfall.
Information on how to incorporate the selected talents from this guide into your rotation is currently being re-worked for 7.0.3. Check back later!
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
- Celestial Alignment Use on cooldown for additional damage and Astral Power generation.