Blood Death Knight PvE Tanking Rotation - 7.2.5
Below is our guide for prioritizing your Blood Death Knight abilities optimally. This should help give you a basic understanding of what to do and what's most important to focus on. Keep in mind that simply following this (or any other) rotation guide will not guarantee you to be amazing at tanking. How aggressively you execute the rotation, how fast and intelligently you react in encounters, your FPS, latency, etc. play a large part in the end-result of your performance. We encourage you to really focus on those things and perfect this rotation if you're very performance-focused.
Single Target Rotation
Tanking Priority: Execute this priority to deal damage and build threat.
- Blood Boil to maintain Blood Plague.
- Death And Decay whenever available. Watch for Crimson Scourge procs.
- Marrowrend to maintain 5 Bone Shield.
- Blood Boil with 2 charges.
- Consumption when available.
- Death Strike to dump Runic Power.
- Heart Strike as a filler to build Runic Power.
- See single target rotation.
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate in each encounter.
- Consumption Use on cooldown for additional damage and healing.
- Antimagic Shell Carefully time to absorb magic damage or prevent debuffs.
- Dancing Rune Weapon Use before taking a high number of melee attacks.
- Dark Command Use to establish threat on targets not attacking you.
- Death Grip Use as a secondary taunt on adds and to bring them to you.
- Vampiric Blood Use when high damage is received or expected.