Rotation & Cooldowns for Blood Death Knight in PvE | Latest Patch 6.2.3
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
- Presence: Blood Presence
- Diseases: Outbreak Icy Touch Plague Strike
- Buffs: Mastery Blood Shield Bone Shield
- Attacks: Death Strike Soul Reaper Blood Death Coil Blood Boil
When pulling, you will want to apply diseases using Outbreak. Then you can Blood Boil with both Blood Runes, and use Death Strike to take advantage of the Death Strike mechanics (healing for damage taken in preceding 5 sec).
You will want to keep diseases active at all times. The most efficient way to refresh your diseases is with Blood Boil. However, if a disease expires, refresh the disease via Outbreak. If Outbreak is unavailable, then use Icy Touch and/or Plague Strike. Diseases should only be refreshed when they have <= 9 sec remaining.
Beyond diseases, you will want to Death Strike as much as possible with your Frost, Unholy, and Death Runes. Use Blood Boil with Blood Runes, and Death Coil whenever all Runes are depleted or to dump Runic Power. Soul Reaper Blood replaces Blood Boil when your target has 35% or less health. Also, remember to watch for Crimson Scourge procs and consume them as quickly as possible.
Presence: Blood Presence
When tanking multiple mobs, you will want to immediately drop a Death And Decay. Then, apply diseases and spread them via Blood Boil. Use Blood Boil with your Blood Runes. Continue to Death Strike and Death Coil as you would in the single target scenario. Watch for Crimson Scourge procs and consume them quickly to prevent additional procs from being wasted. Death And Decay has priority over Blood Boil for consuming Crimson Scourge procs.
Below is advice on how to use the performance-enhancing talents that were selected in this guide.
- Plague Leech is best used to squeeze in more Death Strike. This combo is best achieved with Glyph of Outbreak so that you can quickly reapply your diseases after every Plague Leech -> Death Strike.
- Antimagic Zone should be activated when you anticipate a large incoming magical attack, with priority given to attacks that deal group-wide damage.
- Deaths Advance should be used for a movement speed boost.
- Blood Tap is best used by consuming your Blood Charge when they stack to 10+. Do not wait for a full 12 stack of Blood Charge before using them; you risk wasting any additional Blood Charge that might proc. Saving 10 Blood Charge allows you to dump your Blood Charge for multiple Death Strike.
- Conversion should be used when you expect to take consistent damage over time. If you need to use Conversion, remember to pool some Runic Power beforehand.
- Breath of Sindragosa should be used on cooldown when you are close to capping Runic Power .
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
- Antimagic Shell Carefully time to absorb magic damage or prevent debuffs.
- Army of The Dead Use to distract targets and provide some additional damage.
- Bone Shield Use as often as possible for passive mitigation.
- Dancing Rune Weapon Use before taking a high number of melee attacks.
- Dark Command Use to establish threat on targets not attacking you.
- Death Grip Use as a secondary taunt on adds and to bring them to you.
- Empower Rune Weapon Use for extra Runes for Death Strike spam.
- Icebound Fortitude Use proactively to reduce incoming damage.
- Outbreak Use to quickly apply your diseases.
- Raise Ally Use to resurrect key raid members.
- Rune Tap Use as needed to mitigate incoming damage.
- Vampiric Blood Use when high damage is received or expected.