Rotation & Cooldowns for Blood Death Knight in PvE | Latest Patch 7.0.3
The following rotation guide was developed through extensive simulations and play testing with the goal of keeping the guide as simple as possible without sacrificing performance. This guide also included AoE rotations and provides details on when to use special talents and cooldowns.
Single Target Rotation
Tanking Priority: Execute this priority to deal damage and build threat.
- Blood Boil to maintain Blood Plague.
- Death And Decay whenever available. Watch for Crimson Scourge procs.
- Marrowrend to maintain 5 Bone Shield.
- Blood Boil with 2 charges.
- Death Strike to dump Runic Power.
- Heart Strike as a filler to build Runic Power.
The Blood Death Knight tanking priority begins with using Blood Boil to maintain Blood Plague on your targets. Next, use Death And Decay as often as possible and watch for Crimson Scourge procs to reset its cooldown. Continue to use Blood Boil when it caps at 2 charges, even if Blood Plague is present on your target. Finally, dump Runic Power with Death Strike and build Runic Power with Heart Strike.
- See single target rotation.
Information on how to incorporate the selected talents from this guide into your rotation is currently being re-worked for 7.0.3. Check back later!
These are effective cooldowns to try and incorporate into most all encounters.
- Antimagic Shell Carefully time to absorb magic damage or prevent debuffs.
- Dancing Rune Weapon Use before taking a high number of melee attacks.
- Dark Command Use to establish threat on targets not attacking you.
- Death Grip Use as a secondary taunt on adds and to bring them to you.
- Vampiric Blood Use when high damage is received or expected.