February 27, 2013 at 12:09 am
Discipline is getting a a nerfbat to the face with http://www.wowhead.com/spell=109964 (If you are mastery build) and people say Discs will be horrible next patch, I totally disagree!
((http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77484 now also increases all healing done by a lesser amount, but the bonus provided by Mastery has been reduced by 36%.)If you were wondering…)
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54520 has really been buffed.
- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=81661's stacking effect now also increases the healing of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54520.
- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=54520 damage and healing has been increased by 20%, now a cooldown of 9 seconds (was 10 seconds), and has a range of 40 yards for both friendly and hostile targets (was 40 yards for friendly and 30 yards for hostile targets).
Small nerf to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47755, but we will have more spirit next patch with the gear.
- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47755 now reduces the cost of http://www.wowhead.com/spell=135313 by 25% and provides mana equal to 150% (was 200%) of the Priest’s Spirit, but no longer benefits from Spirit provided by short-duration bonuses.
Another small nerf is to http://www.wowhead.com/spell=10060. Now in Cataclysm I loved this ability because I could put it on a mage or something and it would be an awesome cd for them, but now it’s self use only with Mists of Pandaria. They are nerfing it by some percent.
- http://www.wowhead.com/spell=10060 increases the Priest’s damage by 5% in addition to current effects.
http://www.wowhead.com/spell=129250 is getting reworked, but I don’t think I will be using because I’m in a raiding guild and alot of the time I don’t have time to sit there and cast, but maybe with it working as a heal aswell I might play around with it.
Read more about the patch notes here: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/8226552/Patch_52_PTR_and_Patch_Notes_-_February_25-2_25_2013#class_priest
Patch notes are subject to change at anytime, as it is only PTR.
What do you think of the future of Discipline in 5.2?March 10, 2013 at 8:42 pm
The new penance is great and spirit shell isnt too bad if you use it right.March 17, 2013 at 6:09 pm
@Mercury93 — disc heals is too slow –
- penance does way too less healing per balls to bring anyone up. (can be stun locked after the 1st ball shoots)
- relys too heavily for inner focus to be off cd to get a decent heal under focus
- majority of the heals are from flash heals which asking for a stun lock silence to be toss
- mending healing power isn’t nearly as strong as holy’s version
- bubbles break too fast. all bubbles rely too heavily upon use of flash heals or prayer of healing hard casts
5.2 sort of a nerf to disc if u ask me.March 25, 2013 at 11:25 am
Not Having a problem healing in disc after 5.2. =)March 26, 2013 at 6:21 am
Disc priest is straight murdering other classes in pvp as I am leveling (65 as of yesterday) and I have had very little trouble with being silenced/stunlocked. In fact with psyfiend and my fear I have a pretty steady stream of fears and cc myself to deal with annoying classes. I have found that being predominately offensive minded as opposed to support on a disc priest is far superior. I have found very few classes that can beat me 1v1 (rogues can do it if they crit, but they had better hope I am dead when their initial stunlock ends). This may all change as I level higher, but up till now disc priest is more than capable of dominating any other class.March 28, 2013 at 4:14 pm
Disc Priest also acquired a buff to Divine Aegis, however cutting our HpS in half for crits because of Atonement. I actually find myself logging in my Disc Priest simply doing a few quests, raiding once or twice then going back to my Mage for the rest of the week.May 28, 2013 at 1:39 am
I love my disc priest, even in 5.3. Its true that some mechanics have changed, big one for me is that after a PwS penance will now use up borrowed tim, just a small adjustment in casting order. Disc isnt about healing dmg taken, its preventing dmg, thats dic’s niche. But in order to do that, you need to have good knowledge of the fights and antisipate to get ppl shielded, so to run disc in a reactionary mode as opposed ro a pre-emtive mind set, you’ll mostlikely always be behind in hps and manna starved. Ive endured lfrs where the tanks chain pull with out any concideration for healer manna I didnt need one manna cake.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.