Rotation & Cooldowns | Patch 2.10.1
A rotation is a system for ordering your abilities in a way that maximizes your damage, threat or healing. Mastering a rotation will help you to quickly prioritize abilities during actual encounters so that you will always have the highest possible output as a Gunnery spec Commando (Trooper.)
Single target rotations are designed for maximum damage, threat or healing on one target at a time. Single target rotations are more effective the longer you are able to focus on the same target.
Execute the following ability priority for optimal damage, threat, or healing on a single target.
- High Impact Bolt with Charged Barrel
- Demolition Round with Gravity Vortex
- Electro Net
- Plasma Grenade with Reserve Powercell
- Full Auto with Curtain of Fire
- Grav Round to maintain Gravity Vortex
- Full Auto
- Hammer Shot
The key to the Gunnery spec Commando priority system is to remember the following:
- Maximize Ammo regen by staying above 60 Ammo as much as possible.
- Use Hammer Shot if below 60 Ammo and Recharge Cells is on cooldown.
- Use High Impact Bolt when Charged Barrel are fully stacked.
- Use Demolition Round with Gravity Vortex on the target.
- Maintain the Gravity Vortex debuff from Grav Round at all times.
- Use Full Auto as often as possible due to its great Ammo efficiency.
Finally, always use Armor-Piercing Cell .
Multiple Target (AoE)
Execute the following ability priority for optimal damage, threat, or healing on multiple targets.
Burst cooldowns are used to increase your damage, threat or healing for a brief period of time.