Rotation & Cooldowns | Patch 2.10.1
A rotation is a system for ordering your abilities in a way that maximizes your damage, threat or healing. Mastering a rotation will help you to quickly prioritize abilities during actual encounters so that you will always have the highest possible output as a Kinetic Combat spec Shadow (Jedi Consular.)
Single target rotations are designed for maximum damage, threat or healing on one target at a time. Single target rotations are more effective the longer you are able to focus on the same target.
Execute the following ability priority for optimal damage, threat, or healing on a single target.
- Kinetic Ward refresh just before it expires.
- Slow Time
- Double Strike , Shadow Strike , or Spinning Strike to proc Particle Acceleration
- Project with Particle Acceleration
- Telekinetic Throw with 3x Harnessed Shadows
- Force Breach with Combat Technique
- Saber Strike
The key to the Kinetic Combat spec Shadow priority system is to remember the following:
- Start each fight from Stealth whenever possible to stack your Defense buff.
- Use Saber Strike if below 20 Force.
- Use Project with or without Particle Acceleration .
- Use Double Strike , Shadow Strike , or Spinning Strike to proc Particle Acceleration .
- Use Telekinetic Throw with 3x Harnessed Shadows
- Maintain debuffs from Slow Time and Force Breach (with Combat Technique ).
- Follow the priority list and use higher priority abilities as often as possible.
Multiple Target (AoE)
Execute the following ability priority for optimal damage, threat, or healing on multiple targets.
Burst cooldowns are used to increase your damage, threat or healing for a brief period of time.