Rotation & Cooldowns (2.8.2)
A rotation is a system for ordering your abilities in a way that maximizes your damage, threat or healing. Mastering a rotation will help you to quickly prioritize abilities during actual encounters so that you will always have the highest possible output as a(n) Pyrotech spec Mercenary (Bounty Hunter).
Single target rotations are designed for maximum damage, threat or healing on one target at a time. Single target rotations are more effective the longer you are able to focus on the same target.
Execute the following ability priority for optimal damage, threat, or healing on a single target.
- Incendiary Missile
- Rail Shot
- Thermal Detonator
- Power Shot
- Rapid Shots
The key to the spec priority system is to remember the following:
- Maximize Heat regen by staying below 40 Heat as much as possible.
- Use Rapid Shots if above 40 Heat and Vent Heat is on cooldown.
- Keep the DoT from Incendiary Missile up at all times.
- Use Rail Shot on every cooldown.
- Use Unload and Power Shot in between cooldowns of higher priority abilities.
Burst cooldowns are used to increase your damage, threat or healing for a brief period of time.
Survivability cooldowns help keep you alive and provide relief to healers.